6.16.2011

Pi and Cup






Spent the day yesterday with one of the GREATEST, SWEETEST gals I know, Jocelyn Berry! We met up for lunch at Pi in Central West End... one of my favorite places in St. Louis. Then Jocelyn had the brilliant idea to walk down to The Cup. I had heard several good things about this place, but had never been and it was DELISH. Nate and I will have to go back before we move. (WHICH IS TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!)

Friendship can be such a complex relationship. Different women view friendship at different levels of importance. It is difficult to find someone who sees the value of friendship and vulnerability the same way you do. I feel that up there with the difficulty level of finding a man you want to spend the rest of your life with is also finding a friend who has the same expectation/outlook on friendship and all that it can be as you do. Jocelyn is one of the those women for me. There are few friendships I have with the same comfort, humor, vulnerability, relatability as I do in my friendship with Joc. She will tell me like it is and I can tell her like it is. We can shop together... which is huge... because I have a hard time shopping with people (mainly because I take LITERALLY hours and try on everything in the entire store and then get nothing... or maybe one thing). She loves the Lord. Is passionate about self-development. Is hysterical. Has a love/hate relationship with Jillian Michaels. Loves to shop. Is humble but at the same time I know she will be honest about her opinion. All this to say that I am so thankful for her and our friendship. I always leave feeling so refreshed and KNOWN.

Thank you Jesus for the Body.



2 comments:

  1. such kind words! i love joc - she's so beautiful! keep updating - i linked your blog on mine, so people want MORE!

    ReplyDelete